Leticia F. Cugliandolo, Université Pierre et Marie Curie
Out of Equilibrium Dynamics of Complex Systems (15h)
1. Introduction - dynamics. Fundamental questions and concrete systems of
2. Modeling: discrete vs continuous, closed vs open, deterministic vs
3. Some examples of 0-dimensional dynamics (a particle). Oscillator (closed and
of noise (white vs coloured, additive vs multiplicative). Escape from a
4. Dynamics through phase transitions.
Quenches and slow cooling.
5. Large N models & their solution.
6. Frustration & Quenched disorder.
Definition, properties, basics of finite dimensional cases (e.g. Griffiths).
7. Large N - like models. Metastability.
8. Closed vs open dynamics.
Non-integrable vs integrable dynamics.
9. Chosen topics among: Gibbs-Boltzmann vs GGEs,
effective temperatures by FDT vs effective temperature by GGE.
Metastability vs Many Body Localization.